Weddings are one of the most important events in the lives of couples. So it’s not strange that we will spend much time and money in its planning. Organizing a perfect wedding entails taking into account a myriad of details. For the bride, the most important is to choose the most beautiful model from a varied collection of wedding dresses. And the groom also wants to look chic and modern on that special day. The godmother, the godfather, and the guests also will spend part of their time and money in this chapter. In addition, we have to choose the location for the wedding ceremony (Church, Court, a dreamy garden, the beach…) and for the subsequent celebration of the wedding banquet. The photographer, flowers, the gift for the guests, invitation cards, hotel booking for guests who come from out of town and the bride and groom trip or honeymoon trip are also part of that, sometimes endless, list of tasks to perform for the good and successful organization of a wedding.
And so that nothing goes wrong we show you some tips and suggestions to make your wedding in Andalucia unforgettable.
Why is Andalucia so attractive for a wedding?
The beaches with more charm to celebrate your wedding in Andalucia
A wedding on the beaches of Huelva
Surely you know the beaches of Huelva, or you’ve heard of them. If they are known by something, is by having very high quality hotels that welcome its visitors along its coast.
Isla Cristina, a purely fishing municipality, with a variety of beaches that span through its eight kilometers. Its population increases up to 300% in the months of July and August, so if you decide to get married in the Summer season, you will have to plan ahead your hotel reservations for you and for your guests.
El Rompido. Spectacular beaches in a unique surrounding. A particular coastal town with boats moored on all sides, and surrounded by lush pine forests.
Mazagón. If there is a stylish and charming place in Mazagón, is its parador. A space located in the Natural Park of Doñana, up on a crest with the beach at its feet, in the midst of a huge pine forest. This allows that from its gardens we can enjoy some spectacular views of the Atlantic.
A wedding on the beaches of Cadiz
- Many private farms for celebrations. Whoever gets married in Andalucia has one of the most diverse offers in farmhouses perfect for weddings.
- Charming towns, cities and monuments. Places such as the Alhambra, the Mosque of Córdoba, the Real Alcázar of Seville or Plaza España attract hundreds of couples to perform marital unions.
- 800 km of beach. Andalucia is one of the largest autonomous communities in terms of coastline.
- Good weather. Any of the Spanish provinces are perfect to join in marriage, and it is that with the pleasant temperatures of spring and autumn any day is good for it, although if we choose summer, it is true that we must decide on the night celebrations.
- Great food and high-quality products. Extra virgin olive oil, Iberian pork products, fish … nothing more to add.
Perhaps the Cadiz coastline is the most chosen by couples who choose to have Costa de la Luz weddings, in Andalucia. And one of the reasons is that it has more white sandy beaches and the warmest water of the Andalcian coast.
Even from Sanlúcar de Barrameda, up to Torreguadiaro (the last coastal town bordering the province of Malaga) there isn’t a bad beach, it is true that there are very emblematic places and chosen by nature lovers.
These beaches are Tarifa, Caños de Meca, Zahora, Bolonia, and even Chiclana de la Frontera. The special feature of these beaches is its particular landscape where the wild reigns. A mixture between civilization and measured nature and with hotel infrastructures and beach bars that carry us to what we call, the Andalucian Caribbean.
Some of these restaurants and hotels have a truly remarkable charm, and its directors and managers have done a great job offering to the brides and grooms, the best of each area.
A wedding on the beaches of Malaga
Costa del Sol offers the wider hotel selection of all the Andalucian coast. With respect to its beaches, there is a wide difference between its westernmost zone (bordering Cadiz) and the easternmost (bordering Granada). As we move in this direction, the sand tends to leave its white and fine color, becoming more grayish.
The most important coastal municipalities of Malaga are Estepona, Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga capital, Torre del Mar, Vélez-Málaga, and Nerja.
Perhaps, when it comes to Costa del Sol weddings, Estepona is one with the greatest charm due to the way in which the streets are distributed. A tourist town, with stunning views.
Ronda and Grazalema, a country style wedding
Do you want a different wedding? Both Ronda as Grazalema offer diversity of spaces to adapt to the type of celebration that you prefer in the most important day for the bride and groom.
At these two locations there is a huge space to choose from, with different options, and a country wedding allows you to combine objects in wrought iron, straw, wooden logs, notices to guide guests to the ceremony and the party and even clothes clips to indicate the positions of the guests.
If you want a wedding with a vintage touch, Ronda and Grazalema are the ideal place to have Malaga weddings. The same applies if you want to have a civil ceremony next to a lake and surrounded by pine trees, or if you want to celebrate a more informal and intimate wedding with your friends and close relatives. What about a rustic wedding? With spaces so versatile all is possible.
Key points on how to organize a wedding
- Talk to your partner. It is imperative that the bride and groom have a long talk about the expectations that each one has about the wedding. Each one should express its ideas and its way of thinking concerning important points such as if they want a large wedding or an intimate wedding, on if they want to marry in a garden or the season in which they would like to do it. Choose date, time and places.
- Set a Budget. The bride and groom must set the limits on the money that they can spend in the event, and is recommended to make a record of this from the beginning. All the planning of the wedding will depend of what is decided at this point.
- Start the procedures ahead of time. You must deliver the papers on time or you will not get married, so drastic is the issue. Don’t forget to give it the importance that it has.
- Refine the guest list. The guest list will change over the course of the wedding organization, guests will be added and removed from this list before sending formal invitations. Make a guest list of friends and family, and have a record of the exact number of people who could attend.
- Decide a theme for the wedding decoration. Another important detail in the planning the wedding, is to define the trend that you would like in the wedding decoration, as well as a palette of colors. Perhaps you want everything in a romantic rustic with candle lighting, or something very modern with the latest technology on the dance floor and LEDs illuminating the party.
- Plan the logistics of the event. Determine the time of each activity in the wedding: what do you want to happen first, then next and what in the end. Imagine the development of the wedding and plan the time, because you only have from 5 to 7 hours for all to happen.
- Delegate activities: either you have a wedding planner or not, there are tasks that you should entrust because you won’t be able to think in them on the wedding day.
Where to stay
Your wedding day is a moment of celebration and planning that requires the maximum care and attention in each one of the events that comprise it to turn reality into a dream. At Fuerte Hoteles, you will find the ideal place to celebrate your wedding. A hotel with the charm and the magic of Andalucia. Unique spaces outdoors, in the beach, next to the sea, or in our gardens, draw in your mind the image of an unrepeatable day. A selection of different spaces for your banquet will give you the freedom of finding the perfect location for those treasured moments.