TRY EVERYTHING ORGANIC THIS SUMMER
Discover the benefits of organic cuisine at “De la tierra” restaurant, located in the heart of the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park
19 April 2017. If you’re one of those people who’s wanted to try organic food for some time, but you never find time for it, take advantage of your holidays to explore this world and discover its benefits. Get away for a few days to a magical place like the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, and stay at the pretty Fuerte Grazalema hotel, located in the heart of this area of high ecological value.
The beauty of the location, along with its charming ecological kitchen garden and animal enclosures, are the perfect incentive for sampling a range of foods that contain no chemical or synthetic products.
“De la tierra” buffet restaurant: the essence of organic cuisine
At breakfast and dinner times during your stay at this cosy rural hotel, enjoy all of the delicacies served up at the new “De la tierra” buffet restaurant, where products mostly produced by local farmers and suppliers are used, as suggested by the name of the restaurant.
As explained by Alejandro Rivera, a chef at the “De la Tierra” restaurant, “our buffet features plenty of fruits and vegetables from our region, such as quinoa, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, onions, carrots, potatoes, green asparagus and oyster thistles, which are all commonly found in the Sierra de Grazalema; meats include Iberian pork and lamb, and the star product is payoyo cheese”.
We use these, he adds, “to prepare a range of exquisite dishes such as chickpeas with oyster thistles, stir-fried organic artichokes, ecological vegetable soup, local lamb chops, tender Iberian pork, pear, walnut and tofu salad and our detox salad, prepared with organic vegetables from the region, among other dishes”. As well as their delicious flavours, he concludes “we have the guarantee that they have been produced with maximum environmental friendliness and, above all, that they are extremely beneficial to the health of all of our guests – kids and adults alike”.
5 reasons why you should give organic food a try this summer:
- Organic food contains no chemical or synthetic products, so it is very beneficial to your health.
- Greater concentrations of vitamins and minerals are achieved by leaving plants, cereals and fruits to grow as they would naturally.
- Showing respect for growing times ensures that foods develop their authentic flavours, and that the dishes prepared with them are even tastier.
- By making exclusive use of seasonal products, it’s possible to recover the recipes of yesteryear and follow a Mediterranean diet, which many believe is one of the healthiest.
- The fact that we work with local producers brings dynamism to the local economy and allows many young people to decide to stay in the countryside, giving a boost to new agricultural and cattle raising companies.
GIVE ORGANIC FOOD A TRY THIS SUMMER
At the “De la tierra” buffet restaurant at the Fuerte Grazalema hotel
(Located right in the middle of the natural park, the hotel is a natural starting point for many walks in the area)
Opening hours: from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. for breakfast, and from 8 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. for dinner
Classic double room with free Wi-Fi: from 100 euros per night, bed & breakfast, and from 135 euros for half board
For more information and bookings: www.fuertehoteles.com or 900 82 82 10