When travelling, it’s never easy to know what to buy for friends at home, whether because of a lack of selection or you’re just a little tired of typical souvenirs. To help remedy that situation, we propose three original and stylish shopping options to enjoy in the historic centre of Marbella where you’re sure to find the right souvenir for you, your family and your friends.
A Little Something To Flavour Your Dishes: Gastronomy
Everyone is always talking about the positive benefits of Andalucian olive oil so our first stop along the way is a delicatessen offering regional delicacies called Do Oliva and Do Wine. Truthfully, it’s difficult to narrow down which tasty product to take home so we asked owner David Gallardo for a few recommendations. He offered up three local treasures:
Something To Wear: Fashion
Our next stop is at a truly original store for girls that mixes printed fabrics from India with garments designed here in Spain. The store’s name is Rajasthan and offers a glimpse of “hippy chic” in the middle of Marbella – a modern fashion trend that feels pretty and fresh.
A combination we would recommend includes a white, cotton blouse, a lusa with open buttons and wonderful silk pants. This can be topped off with a scarf tied at the neck with a shell and a brass necklace made by hand.
Something For The House: Decoration
If you’d like to take with you a beautiful photo, you should stop by Marcos Jaén, run by Rosa Jaén and her two daughters. The establishment was founded in 1966 by her father. It also has furniture and hand-painted original oil paintings or acrylic at a great price with beautiful and original framing. This is their speciality.
DO and DO CAME OLIVA:
Products: Traditional Spanish delicacies.
Address: No. 9 New Street.
- Gelatin Bodegas Torres : A reduction of Pedro Ximenez wine, this product is a byproduct of wine and is ideal for accompanying foie gras and cheeses.
- Brand D Olive Oil: Known as liquid gold, this oil received an award for Spain’s finest oil and has the unique characteristic of being green. This oil has an exquisite aroma and flavor and is perfect for salad dressings and cold creams or hot vegetables.
- Avum Reserve Vinegar: This is a very peculiar vinegar as it is made from Malaga’s muscat grapes, making it less acidic. We sampled it, finding it to have an incredible flavour and ideal for adding aroma to salads.
- Gelatin Bodegas Torres – €9.90
- D Olive Oil 500 ml – €16.80
- AVUM Vinegar – €8.90
Products: Ethnic clothing designed in Spain with Indian textiles and decorative objects.
Address: They have three shops, the largest of which is located in Plaza General. Chinchilla, No. 7.
- Natural cotton shirt – €40
- Camisole – €59
- Silk trousers – €120
- Handkerchief – €18
- Shell brooch – €8
- Necklace – 45€
Products: framed paintings and hand painted furniture.
Address: Plaza Tetuan, 4 Local 2.
Prices: Paintings from 120€