8 tips when travelling with your pet: Not without my dog!
Always the same story: the holidays come and my dog won’t stop looking at me with that face not knowing what will happen to him this year. I won’t leave you in that place for dogs again. This year, you’re coming with me!
I’m sure you can identify with the situation that all people who love animals face when they don’t want to leave them at home when they go on holiday or a getaway. How and where can we travel with our most loyal friend? Increasingly, airlines, hotels, methods of transport and others in the tourist industry are taking pets more into account. So we decided to lend you a hand with these tips:
Air travel with pets
1. You can travel with your pet if you choose the right price. 2. Remember that if you fly with your pet, you won’t be able to choose your seat or check-in online. 3. The day of the flight, you will have to go to the check-in desk to be assigned a seat, and to get your boarding pass and any other information necessary for you and your pet. 4. On some airlines, you can travel with your pet for just € 25 each way on flights within Spain and € 40 each way on international flights and to the Canary Islands.
Eating in a restaurant
5. In most terraces, you can bring your pet but let the waiters know first. 6. If you visit Marbella, restaurants such as VIPs in Puerto Banús or the beach bar The Cuchis will even give your dog a bowl so it can drink some water.
Beaches for dogs
7. The beaches are usually not suitable for dogs, but the Costa del Sol includes at least three available:
- One in Casares
- The Marbella City Council intends to adopt a number of beaches licensed for dogs along different parts of its coast by 2014. We will inform you when they are published.
Hotels with Dogs
8. Equally aware of the need for animal lovers, hotels are increasingly adopting policies which include allowing pets as guests. For example, the chain, Fuerte Hoteles (Fuerte Grazalema, Fuerte Marbella, Fuerte Estepona y Fuerte Calaceite), lets you take your dog (up to 15 kilos, except Fuerte Marbella, where the limit is 5 kilos). So don’t hesitate: next year, prepare your pet’s suitcase as well because no family member is left behind!