A film under the stars: Don’t miss the most impressive outdoor cinemas in Andalucia
With the arrival of summer and heat, leisure options change and multiply and one of the favourites both on Costa del Sol and Costa de la Luz are the so-called summer film cycles, because when the summer cinemas begin, they attract many spectators. Summer cinemas in Andalucia are very popular and fun and, in some cases, you can even dine enjoying a premiere movie, a short or an independent film in its original version. Summer cinemas are on the rise, so there is a great deal and variety to choose from. These are only some of them:
Chiclana de Cine
Chiclana de Cine is made up of two initiatives, the first is ‘A Cinema Beach’ and the second ‘The Cinema Center’ will take place every Monday in the Plaza de las Bodegas. The first one will take place every Sunday from July 15 to August 19. Regarding the second, it must be said that the films will be screened at La Barrosa Beach, together with the Red Cross.
A Cinema Beach
- July 15: ‘The Magnificent Seven’,
- July 22: ‘The fate of the furious.
- July 29: ‘Spiderman’
- August 5: ‘Greg’s Diary. Road and blanket ‘.
- August 12: ‘King Arthur’
- August 19: ‘The dark tower’
The Cinema Centre
- July 16: ‘Ballerina’
- July 23: ‘Batman. The Lego movie ‘,
- July 30: ‘Babe boss’.
- August 6: ‘The Smurfs’,
- August 13: ‘Gru. My favourite villain 3’
- August 20: ‘Emoji’
The summer cinema in Cádiz
In Cádiz, in addition to the now traditional Family Cinema programming, which take place on Thursdays during the month of July and August in the old Casa del Niño Jesús, and the projection of Cinema on the Beach, which are held on Saturdays in Victoria beach and Cortos a la Fresquita that will begin on August 2 at the Castillo de Santa Catalina. This year, as a novelty, the Un Castillo de Cine series will also be held, starting at 10:30 pm, a varied program of films in original versions will be held.
- Welcome Mr. Marshall, from Berlanga (July 4)
- Spirited Away, by Hayao Miyazaki (July 5)
- Paris-Texas, by Win Wenders (July 6)
- Calabuch, from Berlanga (July 11)
- The Tomb of the Fireflies, by Isao Tahagata (July 12)
- What Happened Between Your Father and My Mother? by Billy Wilder (July 13)
- The executioner, from Berlanga (July 18)
- My Neighbour Totoro, by Hayao Miyazaki (July 19)
- At the End of the Getaway, by Jean Luc Godard (July 20)
- All to jail, from Berlanga (July 25)
- Tom Moore’s Song of the Sea (July 26)
- Roma cittá aperta de Rosellini (July 27).
- Plácido, from Berlanga (August 1)
- 8 1/2 by Fellini (August 3)
- Terry Jones’s Life of Brian (August 8)
- Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (August 10),
- Gene Kelly’s Hello Dolly (August 15)
- 2001 A Space Odyssey, by Stanley Kubrick (August 17)
- Joshua Logan’s Legend of the Nameless City (August 22)
- Dune by David Lynch (August 24)
- The Rocky Horror Pictures Show, by Jim Sharman (August 29)
- Akira by Katsuhiro Otomo (August 30)
- Blade Runner, by Ridley Scott (August 31).
Summer cinema at the Malaga Festival
The eleven districts of the city of Malaga host from July 1 to August 29 the now traditional summer cinema cycle that the Malaga City Council organizes each year through its Film Festival. This cycle plans to screen a total of 128 film sessions in 19 public spaces in the city. Of these, 23 will be held in parks (all of them at 10.15 pm), 34 will be on beaches and 40 will be held at the Albéniz Cinema (all in the morning session, at 11.00 am).
The places in which it will be held are:
- District 1 Centre: Cine Albéniz, Parque San Miguel, Playa de la Malagueta and Auditorio Eduardo Ocón.
- District 2. East Málaga: Playa El dedo. El Palo y Playa de Las Acacias. Pedregalejo.
- District 3. Ciudad Jardín: Parque de la Alegría and Jardín Botánico.
- District 4 Bailén Miraflores: Parque del Norte.
- District 5. Palma- Palmilla: Centro Ciudadano Valle-Inclán.
- District 6. Cruz Humilladero: Centro Social Rafael González Luna.
- District 7 Cádiz Highway: Parque del Oeste, Playa de la Misericordia and Colección del Museo Ruso de San Petersburgo / Málaga.
- District 8. Churriana: Plaza de la Inmaculada.
- District 9. Campanillas: CEIP Francisco de Quevedo and CEIP Cayetano Bolívar.
- District 10. Puerto de la Torre: Caseta municipal del recinto ferial.
- District 11. Teatinos – Universidad: Parque del cine.
Each and every one of the sessions are totally free and with free admission. Check the schedule here.
International Film Festival under the Moon – Islantilla Cinefórum
This important festival will celebrate its fourteenth edition during July and August, the screenings will take place in the Patio of the Islantilla Cultural Centre. Its programming includes twelve international feature films and one hundred shorts.
- ‘Al mar’, by Marco Antonio Núñez
- ‘Albertina’, by Luis Fernando F. Machado
- ‘Friend’, by Óscar Martín
- ‘Antonio Machado. The blue days’, by Laura Hojman
- ‘Wet letters’, by Laura Palacios
- ‘The art of coming back’, by Pedro Collantes
- ‘The Uncle’s Tale’, by Nacho Guggiari
- ‘Love’, by Dionis Papadhimitri
- ‘My London Lullaby’, by Hugo Santa Cruz
- ‘Ophir’, by Alexandre Berman and Olivier Pollet
- ‘Pota’, by Ahmet Toklu
- ‘Where is my daughter?’, By Gasón Yvorra
Summer Cinema in Algeciras, Cádiz
- July 7 at 10:00 p.m. Solan & Eri mission to the Moon
- July 21 at 10:00 PM Detective Pikachu Pokémon
- August 4 at 9:30 PM Your best friend. A new journey
- August 18 at 9:30 p.m. Remi, an extraordinary life,
- September 1 at 9:30 PM Spy cat.
El Rinconcillo beach
- July 14 at 10:00 p.m. Children of the sea
- July 28 at 10:00 p.m. Animals in distress
- August 11 at 9:30 PM Flying Together
- August 25 at 9:30 p.m. Spies in disguise
Huelva Film Festival
The Huelva Film Festival will hit the streets this summer to bring viewers a selection of Ibero-American comedies. It will take place from July 1 to August 4. The films that will be screened are:
- ‘The odyssey of the giles’
- ‘A night of love’
- ‘Grandparents: it is never too late to undertake’
- ‘Live twice’
- ‘My dear brotherhood’
A summer of movies in Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz
The Puerto de Santa María Summer Cinema presents a very interesting cinematographic proposal that, as every year, can be enjoyed from the patio of the San Agustín building. The programming offers the following films:
- July 14. What burns.
- July 21. Synonyms.
- July 28. The song of the Jungle.
- August 4. Ema.
- August 11. The Dinosaur Egg.
- August 18. Monkeys
- August 25. The Wild Goose Lake
Summer cinemas with recommendations
- In the first place, the most important thing is that you cooperate in the fulfillment of all measures and attend at all times to the recommendations of the personnel in charge.
- Keep the safety distance of 1.5 meters.
- Mask properly fitted.
- Avoiding crowds.
- Sit with your family members or people you live with.
- Remain seated during the projection and do not leave your location except in case of need
If you want to discover the best Andalusian summer cinemas, make sure you stay at the best hotels. The most effective option is certainly Fuerte Hoteles. The chain has branches where you can enjoy the best of each area throughout Andalusia, in addition to its services. It boasts over 60 years of experience and gives you the time to discover the essence and heritage of the area. Marbella, Conil, Grazalema, El Rompido and Torrox are some areas where you can find great accommodation near these cinemas.